We go the extra mile for you by customizing your medicine to meet your unique pharmaceutical needs. We are one of the few pharmacies in our area that provide pharmacy compounding, preparing new or custom medications on site.
Compounded medication may be beneficial:
- For patients who don’t respond to traditional methods of treatment
- When medication is discontinued or unavailable from a pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- If the patient is allergic to certain preservatives, dyes or binders in the medications.
- If the patient requires the medication in a specific, unavailable dosage strength.
- If the patient in unable to ingest the medication, and requires a cream, gel, liquid, lozenge, lollipop, popsicle, troche, chewy treat, lip balm or other form.
- When medications require customized flavoring to make it more palatable for the patient.
Types of medications that are typically compounded include prescriptions for:
- Natural Hormone Replacement
- Pain Management
- Veterinary Medications
- Skin Care
- Wound Care
- Erectile Dysfunction
Compounded medications take additional time for us to prepare due to the the specialized processes involved, and the attention to detail that is required. Compounded prescriptions will usually be ready 24 hours after the prescription is brought in Monday through Friday.
Before we begin the compounding process, please let us know of any restrictions you may have such as food and drug allergies or medical conditions. John’s Pharmacy is committed to providing high-quality compounded medications in the dosage form and strength prescribed by your physician.
Please Note: The Food and Drug Administration has stated that compounded prescriptions are both ethical and legal as long as they are prescribed by a licensed practitioner for a specific patient and compounded by a licensed pharmacy. In addition, the state board of pharmacy regulates compounding.
Contact one of our pharmacists for more information about Pharmacy Compounding.
Veterinary Compounding for Pets
We work together with veterinarians and pet owners to solve medication problems. We can compound customized medicines that meet the unique needs of each animal. We offer innovative dosage forms that are animal-specific in strength and formulation. Examples of problem solving solutions are below
- Preparation of medications in commercially unavailable dosage forms.
- Flavor adjustment.
- Preparation of medications in commercially unavailable dosages.
- Removal of unnecessary or unwanted ingredients.
Our compounded medications are not intended for use in food chain or food producing animals. A valid prescription from a licensed veterinarian is required. Contact our compounding pharmacist today to discuss customized medication options for the health care needs of your pet.